6th-8th November 2021 at “Fran Korun Koželjski” Music School, Velenje, Slovenia
The Embassy of Spain in Slovenia in collaboration with the Fran Korun Koželjski Music School, Velenje, Slovenia, and the EGTA Society of Slovenia are organizing the First International Classical Guitar Competition of Embassy of Spain in Slovenia. The competition is dedicated to Spanish music for the classical guitar.
First Category: born in 2007 or later
Second Category: born between 2002 and 2006
Third Category: born between 1996 and 2001
The repertoire has to consist of music by Spanish composers from any music period. At least two (2) compositions have to be written originally for the guitar.
The repertoire can include one (1) arrangement of a work by a Spanish composer not originally written for the guitar.
The duration of the repertoire for each category:
First Category: not more than 8 minutes
Second Category: not more than 15 minutes
-First Round: not more than 15 minutes
-Final: not more than 20 minutes (first three places perform in the Final)
Application form and application fee
Candidates can apply at the web page of the EGTA Society (https://egta-drustvo.si/competition_application).
The Copy of an ID and the payment confirmation must be attached to the application form.
Application fee must be transferred to the bank account of the EGTA Society:
IBAN: SI56 6100 0002 2323 345
Delavska hranilnica d. d.,
Purpose: YOUR NAME AND SURNAME_CATEGORY – Guitar Competition
1st category: free of charge
2nd category: free of charge
3rd category: 20 euros
Application deadline: 22 October 2021
First Category: First three competitors receive trophies and medals, others receive diplomas.
Second Category: First three competitors receive trophies and medals, others receive diplomas.
First Prize: Concert guitar Alhambra worth €1500
Second Prize: €150
Third Prize: €50
Third Category: First three competitors receive trophies and medals.
First Prize: A concert at the XIII FESTIVAL DE LA GUITARRA DE SEVILLA 2022 (Spain) worth €300 with covered travel and accommodation costs and a tour of the Alhambra factory in Alicante in organization of Guitarras Alhambra worth €300.
Second Prize: A concert at the International Guitar Week Postojna (Slovenia) and €200
Third Prize: €300
A special prize for best Slovenian guitarist in the final: a concert in the Rasgueado Concert Series in Ljubljana
The jury will consist of four renowned guitarists and two representatives of the Embassy of Spain in Slovenia.
Rules of competition
- The competition is open to all competitors from around the world born in 1996 or later
- The competition is open to the public
- The decisions of the jury are final.
- The entire program must be performed by heart.
- The competitors of the Third Category cannot repeat compositions from the First Round in the Final.
- In case of exceeding the allowed duration, the jury has the right to stop the performance.
- The jury retains the right to not award a prize if no competitor meets the required level of playing.
- In case two competitors have the same score, the younger one will be ranked higher.
- The results will be published after each category on the website of the competition and at the info point at the Fran Korun Koželjski Music School, Velenje.
- The organizer retains the right to change the rules of the competition in case of force majeure.